sábado, 25 de mayo de 2013

PET: speaking part 2



In PART 2 you have to: Talk about a situation which is illustrated on a sheet of paper. Make suggestions and discuss alternatives. Give reasons. Agree and disagree.

ASK FOR SUGGESTIONS
- What shall we do tonight?
-  Where shall we go tonight?

MAKE SUGGESTIONS
- How about going to the cinema?
-  Why don’t we have a meal in that new restaurant?
- We could stay in and watch a video.
- Let’s invite some friends round for dinner.

RESPOND TO SUGGESTIONS
- Yeah, that’s a great idea.
- Yes, that sounds good.
- Well, I think I’d prefer to go to a disco.
- Yes, OK
- All right, I agree.

DISCUSS ALTERNATIVES
- Which do you think is best?
- Yes, that’s possible.
- It’s difficult to decide but …….
- I think this is more useful because …
- It would be better to go to the cinema  because ….

ASK FOR OPINIONS
- What do you think about that?
- Do you agree?
- How do you feel about that?

GIVE YOUR OPINION
- I think/I don’t think that’s a good idea because…
- Personally, I think that’s a terrible idea  because …
- In my opinion it would be better to stay in a hotel because ….

AGREE AND DISAGREE
- That’s what I think too
- I agree with you
- I’m not sure I agree with you.
- Yes, you’re right.
- Well, that’s true but ….
- I’m sorry but I don’t agree with you.

EXPRESS PREFERENCES
- I’d rather go to a campsite
- I’d like to stay in a youth hostel
- I’d prefer to go to a hotel

REMEMBER!
Listen carefully to the examiner’s instructions and focus on the picture in the middle,
which gives the key to the situation
Use the pictures round the outside as ideas for your discussion. Don’t describe them
- Think about the type of situation – is it directly about you or a third person? If it’s
about a third person, use he or she consistently
Start the discussion immediately, DON’T waste time by giving the background to the situation
Give reasons for your opinions/ideas
Make sure you give your partner an opportunity to participate equally in the discussion. Don’t dominate

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario